Saturday, February 15, 2014

{Skinny} Valentine Brownies


Today is my 17th wedding anniversary, I am married to my best friend, he is the love of my life.  God gave me a true gift on February 15, 1997, and I am forever grateful.  Hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day, here is a yummy treat that is easy to make, and DELICIOUS!
   
When you look around on Pinterest, there are so many different kinds of yummy treats, but I was looking for a easy, simple, treat.  I saw so many brownie recipes, so I decided to make Skinny Valentine Brownies which by the way are so DELICIOUS you can't just eat one but that's alright, they are made with healthy white whole wheat flour, so you may have two if you like! 
These brownies have a rich chocolate flavor to them, you wont even believe they are made with healthy ingredients.  
Skinny Valentine Brownies
Brownie
1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tbsp coconut oil 
2 eggs
Vanilla Glaze
1/2 cup powered sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp fat free milk
Directions
Set oven to 350 and grease an 8 x 8 baking pan. Combine the white whole wheat flour and baking soda in a mixing bowl. Then start to melt the butter in a large pan over low heat. When your butter is all melted, add brown sugar to the pan. Stir for about 3 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is smooth. Remove the pan from heat, and stir in the cocoa powder until everything is blended well. Do the same with the flour mixture. Toss in the chocolate chips, coconut oil and vanilla.  Beat in the eggs, and spread the batter into your greased baking pan, bake for 15 minutes.  Let cool before you cut into squares.  

I made a easy vanilla glaze to drizzle on the top of the heart shaped brownies, put all ingredients in bowl and stir until you get the right consistency and then add some sprinkles (I used a heart cookie cutter to make them into hearts)!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Anniversary!! :) These look so yummy! Love the sprinkles :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...